The past weeks, I decluttered my old maettig.com domain a bit. I tried to turn it more into an actual archive, instead of something that appears like I still do. Here are some notable changes, for – well – the sake of archiving:
- Decided the main language here, especially the older parts, should be in German.
- Changed the title to »Thiemos Archiv«.
- Finally finished the »software« section. Before, I tried to list all software I ever wrote or contributed to. Instead, now I lists only major software projects I still find worth mentioning.
- Removed a lot of minor web projects for the same reason.
- Removed a lot of sub-pages from the menu on the right to not make them appear like they are still part of the main content. Most sub-pages are still available, but linked from the main pages.
- Removed the »PHP« and »references« sections. Can be found in »software« now.
- Deleted a few university projects, most notably the one about chipsets.
- The header image is an SVG now. I wanted to do this for a very, very long time.
- Updated some styles, especially to have larger click regions on mobile.
- Experimented with a mobile-friendly hover style for the tooltips on abbreviations my weblog software automatically inserts. Look for the
any-hover: none media query in my stylesheet if you are interested.
I also updated ii99.maettig.com and turned it into an archive as well. The forum was in read-only mode anyway, for four years already, because of spam and inactivity.